Because Your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise You. -Psalm 63:3

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Let me explain..

Hi.

Well...I started a blog. I talked about starting one for a long time and actually did at one point. I wanted it to be a themed blog with every post relating to one topic. I sort of didn't know what I was doing and never actually posted anything. I had no clue where to start. So I deleted it.
But here is another blog...and here is the first post of this blog. I was inspired by my cousin Anna (who has a fantastic little blog that you should check out. The link is over there somewhere--->).
She started it a while ago and writes about...life. Just anything and everything that she does or thinks about or likes. She shares videos, songs, and pictures that give us a glimpse into her everyday life.
And that's what I want to do.

This blog will consist of pretty much anything that I find interesting enough to share with the world. I hope to be faithful in updating it regularly so it won't become another abandoned attempt at blogging.
So here it goes.

I'm going to start with explaining a few things about this little blog of mine. First, the title comes from a verse in Psalm 63 which I just discovered today:

Because Your lovingkindness is better than life,
My lips will praise You.

I thought to myself, "Well, since I am going to be writing about my life, it would be cool to have the title as a reminder of how much greater God is than everything I write about."
Now my blog may consist of a lot of very un-serious and shallow things, but there will be times when I will post really good verses or important things God is teaching me. Just keep in mind that no matter how random or un-serious my posts may be sometimes, the biggest part of my life is and always will be God. He is greater than everything else combined.

So. You may have realized that my title and the URL address of my blog have NOTHING to do with each other WHATSOEVER.
Well, when trying to come up with a name for my blog, my cousins Anna and Olivia (remember those names...they will probably show up a lot in this blog) begged me to name it "Kate the Great Takes the Bait." I wasn't too keen on the name and they got mad at me because I didn't like it as much as they did. Eventually I decided to put it in the URL address instead.
So there you go.
Are you happy now Anna??

P.S. The awesome music you are hearing right now is coming from the music player down on the bottom of the screen. The songs on there are just a few of my favorites. I will probably add more as time goes on. Feel free to click on whichever song you want to hear and enjoy.
You're welcome.

2 comments:

  1. haha! yes, i'm happy. ;) i love the actual name! it's cool. and i love the music!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love everything about this blog. the background, the font, the name. however, i must ask. will you be as picturey (?) as anna? but i like your writing just as well :) (at least you actually write (just playing anna)

    ReplyDelete