Because Your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise You. -Psalm 63:3

Monday, December 19, 2011

Piano

So lately I've been obsessed with piano music. I don't know if that's just because I'm on break (which has been fantastic by the way), or if I've just been in that kind of mood for the past week or so...but anyway, I thought I would share a few songs that I am learning or want to learn to play.

This first one is a piece I am learning and it is coming along quite nicely. :) It's from the movie Howl's Moving Castle, and it was composed by Joe Hisaishi. If you haven't seen the movie, I highly recommend it. If you have access to a netflix account, you can watch it instantly on there. So go watch it. Right now. But first, listen to the main theme:



It's not quite as hard to play as I first thought...but then again, I think I have a slightly simpler version. :)



This next one is by Balmorhea, a group of musicians that play mainly orchestral pieces (I don't think any of the songs have words...but then again, I haven't heard a whole lot of their stuff). But anyways, the instruments they use complement each other really well and the songs are beautiful. Here is one example (it's called 'Baleen Morning'):



Doesn't that just make you wanna go out on a walk on a rainy day? It's so simple and elegant...I imagine this to be a song someone might play for their wedding march. :) If you want to find out more about Balmorhea, check their website. (Oh, and I haven't learned to play this one...I haven't found the sheet music yet.)



This last one is my most recent obsession. I've been listening to it every day for the past week or so. I found some sheet music for it, so I will begin learning it shortly. I'm so excited! It's from the movie Amelie, a french film that came out in 2001. I've never seen the movie, but it's apparently very good. The soundtrack contains a lot of piano pieces, but this one caught my attention. It's simply the best. Have a listen:



Well, I hope you enjoyed these fantastic compositions. They are excellent background music for reading/writing/studying/life in general. :)


P.S. Christmas is 6 days away...does that freak anyone else out? It snuck up on me this year...

No comments:

Post a Comment